"It's The Only One You've Got"
How do you know where you're going, When you don't know where you've been
You hide the shame that you're not showing, And you won't let anyone in
A crowded street can be a quiet place, When you're walking alone
And now you think that you're the onlyOne who doesn't
Have to try,And you won't have to feel
If you're afraid to fight, Then i guess you never will
You hide behind your walls, Of maybe nevers
Forgetting that there's something moreThan just knowing better
Your mistakes do not define you now, They tell you who you're not
You've got to live this life you're given, Like it's the only one you've got
Memories have left you broken, And the scars have never healed
The emptiness in you is growing, But so little left to fill
You're scared to look back on the days before, You're too tired to move on
And now you think that you're the only one who doesn't
Have to try, And you won't have to feel
If you're afraid to fight, Then i guess you never will
You hide behind your walls, Of maybe nevers
Forgetting that there's something more, Than just knowing better
Your mistakes do not define you now, They tell you who you're not
You've got to live this life you're given, Like it's the only one you've got
What would it takeTo get you to say, that i'll try
And what would you say if This was the last day of your life
You hide behind your walls, Of maybe nevers
Forgetting that there's something moreThan just knowing better
Your mistakes do not define you now, They tell you who you're not
You've got to live this life you're given, Like it's the only one you've got
You hide behind your walls, Of maybe nevers
Forgetting that there's something moreThan just knowing better
Your mistakes do not define you now, They tell you who you're not
You've got to live this life you're given, Like it's the only one you've got
Well this song has a lot of meaning for me today. I guess I should start from the beginning. A few months ago, my Uncle Kim went to the Dr. for stomach pains he was having. After many tests and waiting, He and my Aunt Susan found out it was cancer. It was a form of cancer that they don't really know a lot about yet. Well it was in his liver and spreading to the lining of his stomach. Some more time went by and it kept spreading. Despite the treatments and medications. He would do a little better and then get worse. Well this time he was doing a little better and then passed away. I knew it was coming. Everyone knew it was coming but I guess in a way I wasn't prepared for it yet. I know he is in a much better place, but there are two reasons why there is sadness along with the happiness of that knowledge. Number 1, I never got to say goodbye. I feel like a horrible niece. After I found out he had cancer, it took me the longest time to call because it hurt too much to believe it. After I finally did call... I didn't call again. I was scared. I was weak and I didn't want to be weak for him and my Aunt Susan. I hope he knows how much I love him... and will never forget him.
Number 2, my heart is aching for my Aunt. She has not had the easiest life. Kim was such a blessing. They were only together for such a short time here on earth. I know without a doubt they will be together forever but I wish they had, had more time here on earth for their Fairy Tale.
Anyway, his funeral is saturday and I know it will be more of a celebration than mourning. I'm sure I'll have something to blog about when I get back from St. George this weekend so until then.....
1 comment:
I'm so sorry about your uncle. I know how hard it is to loose a loved one to cancer. I had an aunt die 2 years ago and I think it was one of the most horrible things I have ever wittnessed. Its hard to look death in the face. I think its even harder to know there is nothing you can do. I know I wish I had spent more time with my aunt while she was still here. I'm sure your uncle knew you loved him. If you ever want to talk you know where to find me.
XXXXX
Post a Comment