Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Don't Let It Go To Your Head.....

Ok, so first off I have to tell you I'm officially in love with David Cook on American Idol! He looked so good last night and I thought he did great! So maybe David A is going to win because he is only 17 and he sounds like Josh Groban and blah blah blah blah blah! Maybe he even deserves to win. But in the long run, I think David Cook is going to have more success. David A is so boring. He's good but he only knows how to sing one genre of songs... SLOW. David Cook on the other hand, proved last night that he can do slow and fast. He's a rocker and a hot one at that! So for all you David A fans out there... (MOM), while you are out there supporting him... I will be holding out for the day that David Cooks first album comes out and I can hang a poster of him on my wall!
So... I found this new song. I love when you find new songs for the first time! It's kind of like when you put on a pair of jeans you haven't worn for a long time and you find a 5 dollar bill in your pocket! Anyway, so you find a new song and you listen to it over and over and it kind of becomes like, this soundtrack to your life. You think about the words and how they apply to your life or how they have applied to a certain situation in the past... the melody gets stuck in your head and you find yourself wanting to listen to this song all the time. It's great right? Like right now I'm at work and a song I hate is on the radio and it just makes me want to go out and sit in my car, just to listen to this new song I found. Well I guess I didn't exactly "find" it. Skyler showed it to me.
Oh Skyler... she finally moved in with me! Yay! My best friend is living with me and it's great! She got up here around 7:30 last night. I was in the middle of freaking out while David Cook was performing so I made her watch the rest of it with me! Then, we went to Training Table. I haven't eaten there since I was like 5 and it was good but I wasn't too impressed. Anyway, for some reason while I was placing our order, I said large drinks.... I didn't know that in Training Table talk that meant drinks the size of the Provo river! They were huge! America is so supersized in their eating these days. Ew.... Well being girls, of course we stayed up till like 2 am talking and slumbered in her room! (Which we'll probably do like every night!) It's really good to have her up here!
Anyway, back to my song. Skyler was showing me all the ringtones she had on her phone and that was one of them. The melody was pretty catchy so I asked her to go her car and get the c.d with the song on it. I think I listened to it like 20 times! It's amazing! I even stole it out of her c.d player this morning and listened to it 3 times on the way to work! It was awesome!

"Don't Let It Go To Your Head"
So what if I came clean, And told you all you mean to me
So what if I meant every word I said, Baby don't let it go to your head
So what if I write your name, Cause you're always on my brain
In a heart, I paint it crimson red, Baby don't let it go to your head
Don't be getting any big ideas, Let me make it clear
[Chorus:]Just cause I can't go on
Just cause I die when you're gone
Just cause I think of you in bed
Don't let it go to your head
If I looked in your eyesOne, two, too many times
And memorized every word you said
Don't let it go to your head....

So thats just part of the song but thats the part that gets me the most excited! You see, this is how I feel about this boy... I like him. Alot. And it scares me a ton! It's a scary thing to put your heart out there! So what if I do all these things the song talks about? So what if I smile when I think about him or my heart jumps when I'm walking through the mall and I smell his cologne.... So what if can't sleep at night cuz I feel like I'm living in a dream and I don't want to wake up. All these things scare me to death and even though I feel like I'm falling hard, he better not let it go to his head because I'm not letting my guard down that easily....
Anyway, if you want to check out the song it's called "Don't let it go to your head" by Fefe Dobson. It's in my playlist to the right as well!

I hope all of you have a wonderful rainy day! Maybe play in the rain or kiss someone in the rain or just open the door and breath in the smell of the rain. Fall asleep to the sound of it with your window open or curl up on the couch and watch it pour! Whatever you do... take time to enjoy it! You only live life once! ~ Later

No comments: