Monday, August 30, 2010

...Crash Course in Polite Conversation...

So.. I have a new woman to add to the list of amazing women I know/ know about! 
Of course I have some family members on that list like my sister and my mom...
Ok, so this is the only pic I could find on FB of both of them! 

And I have the celebrities like Sophia Bush, Carrie Underwood, Bethany Joy Galeotti and Audrey Hepburn

Then there are the imaginary characters like Lorelai Gilmore and Haley James Scott....
(Yes, I think Lorelai Gilmore is the coolest T.V. mom EVER!)

But I'm not really sure what category this woman would fall under.
Her name: Jordan Christy
Most likely known for: Writing the AMAZING book "How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World"

Ok... can I tell you how much I LOVE this book?! Seriously, this woman has it all... she's funny, whitty, smart and she isn't just preaching... she actually BELIEVES in what she is talking about! 
In this book she actually is trying to bring back some of the beauty, grace and wisdom that women had back when our grandmothers were growing up! 
Now I will just take a moment to share with you a little of taste of what you will get out of this book....

" In a society driven by celebutante news and MySpace profiles, women of class, style and charm are hard to come by. The Audreys and the Katharines of the world continue to lose their luster as thongs, rehab and outrageous behavior burn up the daily headlines. But, despite appearances, guys still want girls they can take home to their moms, employers still like to see a tailored suit and peers still respect good manners. So is it possible to maintain traditional virtues in a modern world? Jordan Christy shows young women how in this guide to glamorous style, professional success and true love... the classy way! 

Full of fun assignments, notable names and real life examples, How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World offers a new look at seemingly "old-fashioned" advice. Jordan covers diet, speech, work ethic, friends, relationships, manners, makeup and fashionable yet modest clothing, showing modern ladies how they can be beautiful, intelligent and fun while retaining values and morals."

So... if you're as tired as I am of hearing about Paris's latest adventure in the jail cell or 
new body parts Heidi has found to have surgery on... turn of the tv and pick up this book! It really is refreshing and quite entertaining! 

P.S. Jordan Christy, if you're listening... can we be best friends? 

Anyway, another little tidbit of information... I have yet to update my blog from the letter I posted a few months ago about my Brother Spencer and my Sister Emilee and their families...
Well....
They're having a little boy!! We are all so excited!
Abby and the baby are both healthy and the baby is growing! 
Now comes the hard part of Em and Ben having to decide on a name. Whats even funnier, is that everyone in the family thinks they're involved in this process. So Em and Ben, sorry if we come across a little strong at times with the boy name sitch... I've pretty much decided I'm just going to call him little Enzo either way! 

Life is truely amazing!!!

No comments: