Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Once Upon A Dream

"... As I looked up from my shaking hands, I met his gaze from across the room. I didn't know what it was about him that made butterflies the size of giant moths flutter around in my stomach. Was it his blue eyes that had so much depth it was like staring into the ocean? Was it his sandy blonde hair or nicely summer tanned skin? Was it his crooked smile and perfect teeth? Or maybe it was the way his forearms gave a preview of a body that was most likely chisled by a God.... I took in all 6 foot 2 of him while I thought about this long and hard.
He met my gaze one more time and embarassed, I looked away quickly. As the meeting ended, I found the nearest escape. I sighed at how weak I was... Missing an opportunity to introduce myself and giving into the fear of rejection. We had made eye-contact, that was a good start. Maybe next time I would smile at him... and the time after that talk to him... and the time after that, maybe even become friends. As I threw myself on my bed and closed my eyes, I smiled. At least in my dreams he knew who I was!....."

This is the story of my life, literally. So there is this boy that I have seen around from time to time. I've never talked to him, for fear of saying something stupid or tripping over my feet or something to that effect. But I may or may not have facebook stalked him... and I may or may not think that he is totally perfect for me and I should marry him. So I guess what I'm trying to say is... Why ruin the perfect idea of my Prince Charming by actually talking to him?


4 comments:

TJ and Whitnee said...

I say you should go for it, and don't be worried doing something dumb, you'll regret not talking to him more than you'll regret tripping in front of him!

Aubrey said...

Chisled by a God... hahaha. :) You and I have similar taste in men.
1) Must be chisled by a god.
2) Must facebook stalk them before actually speaking to them.
3) Must be taller than me when I wear my highest high heels.
4) Must be practically perfect in every way.
5) Must turn out to be a jerk in the end. Oh wait... that's the one we're trying to get rid of!

Just talk to him you pansy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like we all agree....you are a whimp! Just talk to him. You are so cute you have nothing to worry about!

Amy said...

You make me laugh. I asked my husband out on our first date, because he was to chicken to ask me. It just goes to show that if you want something, go for it. If he turns out to be a loser at least you know you gave it a try. And why on earth are you worried about tripping in front of him. You are darling, any guy would be an idoit if he didn't want to go out with you.