Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me- Part 2!






No, it was not my birthday again... I'm still just 20, NOT 21! But I did get to celebrate again!



Some people celebrate their birthdays the whole week before... maybe a couple days after... Me? I just celebrate mine the whole week after! Ok, maybe not the whole week but at least a week after! It started Thursday afternoon when the people at work realized they kinda forgot my birthday! Not that I was here on my birthday or anything... :) But it was nice of them to remember! So they sang to me


On Friday when I got here, there was a very colorful Happy Birthday banner hung up by my computer and some brownies! This prompted various questions from customers through-out the day so instead of explaining my birthday was a week ago, I just let them think it was that day! No harm in that, right? :) After work, I sped home (well I didn't really speed because of some stupid trailers on their way to Sanpete for the weekend...) and I was greeted by my family! I love my family! In Sunday School on Sunday, we were talking about the definition of happiness and I decided mine was my family! I think the best part was my two nephews and my niece throwing their arms around me and exclaiming how much they love me without any prompting from their parents!


Anyway, various family members were busy at work helping make dinner! It being my birthday dinner, I of course got to choose the meal. I'm pretty sure everyone was very happy when I picked my mom's home made tacos! With home made taco shells and everything! We also had various kinds of fruit and drinks! During dinner, the conversation covered everything from disagreeing about the new Kid Rock song "All Summer Long" to the start of a long conversation about every sport in the Olympics!



My mom then brought out her home made Eclair cake! This is a favorite among my brother Benji and I! We request it at almost every birthday we have! I blew out my candles, followed by re-lighting them 5 more times for nieces and nephews that wanted a turn! Afterwards, we all sat around talking. This is one of my favorite things to do with my family because we are all so much alike, yet so different! After cleaning up, I went to play with all the kids. This was one of my favorite parts of the night because my beautiful niece Emma Kate finally decided she liked me! (She really is one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen!)




As it got to be later in the evening, it was time for people to leave. Emma Kate gave me a parting kiss and hug... as did all of my beautiful nephews! Cambree on the other hand, decided she wanted to have a slumber party with me! (Ok, so I may have given her the idea earlier in the week when I was talking to her on the phone! But how am I supposed to remember that she remembers everything???) So she stayed. We played some, read some stories and eventually fell asleep in my big bed. Cambree use to be a kicker in her sleep but shes gotten a lot better and now I love sleeping with her because she is a cuddley sleeper!

The next morning I woke up to find it was 10:40! What 4 year old sleeps that late?? I loved it! After eating breakfast and deciding that we were now best friends.... the day began! It consisted of getting new tires on my car (my b-day present from mom and dad!) and mostly lounging around! It was perfect!


I couldn't have asked for a better birthday this year! Going to the lake was fun but all I need is my brothers and sister and their families there and my life is complete!



As I've turned 20... (not a huge milestone but I have been alive for 2 DECADES now!) I've contemplated a lot of things. It's hard to realize that if I had kept to the plan I had 3 years ago, I would be a lot further in life than I am. But I know that everything happens for a reason and I wouldn't trade the lessons I've learned for anything! It's time to grow up now, and I know that. I'm setting goals to be more responsible, better with money and to get into school. But I also want to be happy! That is the most important thing right now! I'm young so why does life have to be so serious???





P.S So, since it's two weeks from today that the new and final ;( season of One Tree Hill starts... I just had to post the link for the new promo cuz it looks amazing!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy-Late Birthday. Enjoy your 20's becasue before you know it you will be joining the wordl of thirty somethings like myself. But its not so bad. I like myself a lot more at 30 than I did at 20.

Emilee said...

I am glad you had fun. It was fun to be with you. Sorry I didnt spend more time with you on Saturday. Cambree had a great time, she love you.