Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am the highway....

So today is the type of day where I just want to be drivin in my car with my windows rolled down and the music on loud! A day where I just want to feel the wind in my hair and the sun on my face! That is when I feel most alive...
This time of year makes me so much more appreciative of everything in life... A couple weeks ago, our family went to FishLake. My family is the most amazing family in the world and I'm not just saying that because I'm bias! We have such a strong bond that nothing can break... and trust me, we have had our share of trials that could've easily done some damage! Also, the bond that we have with our extended family is amazing! There is not a time when we are together that we don't have a blast! Although I do have to say, mixing everyones kids gets a little crazy sometimes!
I am also thankful for the friendships I have. I have some of the most amazing friends in the world! I don't know where I would be in life without Sky, Kaylyn, Aubree and Tab! They were the ones who let me share their beds when I couldn't be alone at night, forced food down my throat when I was too sad to eat and wiped the tears off my cheek while telling me to get over it! They are my insides and I am so lucky to have them!
Also I am so thankful for the friendships I have made with people at work! I have so much fun everyday... (well everyday that the crazy lady isn't talking to herself every minute!) They are amazing people and it's awesome the way they have accepted me.
I am also so thankful for the Gospel... It has literally saved my life! I don't know where I would be without it!
Well now that I'm done with my sappy soapbox I have to tell you.... The filming for One Tree Hill season 6 started today! Not only is that exciting news... but I'm going to the Carrie Underwood concert in November with my friend Aubrey! We get our tickets on friday and hopefully we'll get really good seats!
So this is as exciting as my life is these days... between all the dates and partying... I pine for One Tree Hill to be on again and wait for November to come so I can see my favorite Idol in concert! Ok... I really need that drive right about now! :)



Pearls and swine bereft of me
Long and weary my road has been
I was lost in the cities
Alone in the hills
No sorrow or pity for leaving I feel

(chorus)
I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway
I am not your carpet ride
I am the sky

Friends and liars don't wait for me
I'll get on all by myself
I put millions of miles
Under my heels
And still too close to you
I feel

(chorus)
I am not your rolling wheels
I am the highway
I am not your carpet ride
I am the sky
I am not your blowing wind
I am the lightning
I am not your autumn moon
I am the night
-Audioslave

No comments: