Monday, April 21, 2008

A Year Later.....

"Lessons Learned"
There's some things that I regret, Some words I wish had gone unsaid, Some starts, That had some bitter endings. Been some bad times I've been through, Damage I cannot undo, Some things, I wish I could do all all over again. But it don't really matter, Life gets that much harder, It makes you that much stronger. Oh, some pages turned, Some bridges burned, But there were,Lessons learned.
[Chorus:]And every tear that had to fall from my eyes, Everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night. Every change, life has thrown me. I'm thankful, for every break in my heart, I'm grateful, for every scar. Some pages turned, Some bridges burned, But there were lessons learned.
There's mistakes that I have made, Some chances I just threw away, Some roads,I never should've taken. Been some signs I didn't see, Hearts that I hurt needlessly, Some wounds, That I wish I could have one more chance to mend. But it don't make no difference,The past can't be rewritten, You get the life you're given. Oh, some pages turned, Some bridges burned, But there were,Lessons learned.
[Chorus:]And every tear that had to fall from my eyes, Everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night. Every change, life has thrown me. I'm thankful, for every break in my heart, I'm grateful, for every scar. Some pages turned, Some bridges burned, But there were lessons learned.
And all the things that break you, Are all the things that make you strong.You can't change the past, Cause it's gone. And you just gotta move on, Because it's all, Lessons learned.
[Chorus:]And every tear that had to fall from my eyes, Everyday I wondered how I'd get through the night, Every change, life has thrown me. I'm thankful, for every break in my heart, I'm grateful, for every scar. Some pages turned, Some bridges burned, But there were lessons learned. Oh, some pages turned, Some bridges burned, But there were lessons learned.
Lessons learned.

3 comments:

Emilee said...

This song is perfect for your year later! You are amazingly strong Whit. Stronger than you know. I know that it hasnt been the easiest year, but I definitely think you have had the most growth, which is usually the case in the difficult times and the purpose of them. You have come a long way, don't look back and just keep going straight ahead. You have so much to look forward to. I love you!

Anonymous said...

The concert was great. Kate is small, skinny and she was great in concert. I literally ran right into Josh Kelly. I wasn't to sure who he was at the time so it didnt' faze me. He was great and funny. both were really talented.

One Tree Hill... I am uncertain. I don't want to see Lucus back together with Lyndsay but I think she is going to be permant character so I can see them getting back together. Once again you will have Peyton pinning for Lucus through the whole season. I really wish they would get together but I guess we will just have to see. I can see Brooke getting approved for adoption at the same time her mom doing everything in her power to sabotage her company and take it away from Brooke. Nathan is going to get back into basketball, Hayley is going to be Peyton's next singer for her label. These are my predictions. I guess we will see.

I know you have had a rough time lately ( I am uncertain as to what but your blogs let me know that things aren't always as they seem). I promise I have also had my ups and downs if you need someone to talk to or hang out with while living in Provo- Zoe and I are great company. I know you are getting stronger but I do promise things get better and the negativity does leave eventually. It comes back too but that is when you let Satan invade and take over your thoughts. When you realize that you are of infinate worth that is when your spirit really shins and Satan will work his hardest. Hang in there!

Amy said...

Hi Whitney-
I got to your blog from Candice that we used to work withs blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. Just rememeber you are young and have a lot of living to do yet. My advice is try and live without regrets, learn from your mistakes and they will make you stronger!! You couldn't be who you are without your past leading you to what you have and will become. You are beautiful. Send me you blog address so I can add it to mine. My address is taylorfun.blogspot.com