Ok, so most of you know that ONE TREE HILL is my favorite t.v. show. It's a really weird story about why, but I'm going to tell it anyway. When I was a sophmore in highschool, my sister was having a baby and because she has cystic fibrosis, she had a lot of complications. My parents were at the hospital with her and her husband a lot and I was left home alone to go to school and take care of myself. Feeling so alone and scared because of what was happening to my sister, I needed something to fill that void. One Tree Hill is what filled that void for me. That was the year One Tree Hill started and I had watched it before and because I was in love with Chad Michael Murray I even taped some episodes. So while I was alone at that time in my life, I watched those episodes over and over. I found the hidden meanings and I came to know these characters as people, not just t.v. show icons. I downloaded music which was played on the show (some of my favorite music to this day) and I felt a connection with something. It sounds so cliche, I know! Anyway, to this day I still feel that connection. I think it's funny because now my friends are starting to get into this show that has gotten me through some pretty hard times and that I have grown up with. Sometimes I hate having to share it with them. But at the same time I love that it is a bond we all share that brings us closer together. Still no one in the world knows as much about this show as I do!
So that said, I want to explain why I posted this clip. This clip is taken from season 5 episode 5. I don't know how many of you have watched ONE TREE HILL, but if you have I have to confess that Lucas and Brooke has always been my first favorite couple! But Lucas and Peyton have always had this connection that in season 4 was portrayed beautifully and emotionally. I have now become a big fan of them being together. Although this is their break up scene, I believe it is one of the most beautiful break up scenes that could ever be on television. The song in the back ground is Missy Higgens "Where I stood" and it is a wonderful, heartbreaking song. It is also on my playlist on the side bar. So if you have watched One Tree Hill, or even if you haven't.... I hope that you watch this clip because I believe you will see just a little bit of how amazing this show truly is! Later!!
4 comments:
I think you saw that I took the quiz and emailed you my results. I don't know the characters, but i thought the description fit me pretty well.
Whitney:
I also love One Tree Hill. I have become addicted. Zoe has to be asleep when ti comes on, Spence is not allowed to talk to me, my phone is turned off and if I am not home I record the episode. Great Times... I have also taken the quiz ( a while ago) I am Hayley!
Hey one more thing... I bought the Kate Voegel CD. ( She plays Mia on One Tree Hill) I love the CD. The lyrics are wonderful, her voice is amazing, and I love the tunes. Also if you ever need a good homecooked meal. Give me a call, I cook mostly everynight and you can alwasy use an excuse to see one of your favorite cousins. My number is 592-8333. I live in Payson so really on 20 minutes. Call if you need anything.
Hey Teresa! A homecooked meal sounds amazing! I'll totally take you up on that offer! You need to invite me to see your blog! I want to see that little girl of yours!!!
Post a Comment