it's fall!!!
it's MY time of year!
*the leaves are changing colors from boring green to bright orange, red and yellow!
*the temperature is getting crisp, while the sun is still shining
*the smell of pumpkin, cinnamon and spice is in the air
*vampires, witches, ghosts and goblins are starting to come out while
spiders weave their webs around door frames and windows
*homemade favorites are being cooked everywhere including
my moms taco soup and my pumpkin chocolate chip bread
*i'm breaking out the sweaters, boots, scarves and crochet berets
*i get to enjoy two hours a week, all to myself, with no interruptions during new episodes of
one tree hill and the vampire diaries
*i get to start watching my favorite halloween movie
(ok ok... i watch it all year long anyway!)
and
for once a year... everything is magical to me!
so i've recently taken up a new hobby. now i say recent because
it only started monday!
i actually fulfilled my goal and started the "couch to 5k"!
it was weird to get done with the first training session and actually want to do more!
it makes it SO easy to get started.
i guess the whole reason i actually got the motivation to do this is because
there was a blog recently brought to my attention titled:
run sick boy run <- GO HERE
it's written by a man who has Cystic Fibrosis, the same disease my siblings are inflicted with.
i think every time someone in my family hears about someone with
cf, we are all intrigued.
well, this man read a blog post about a woman with cf who found that
running increased her lung functions by 75%!
so he has decided to try it as well.
not only has this man started to run/ train for a 5k but my very own brother has also!
if these people can do it, so can i!
after all, i am a lot healthier than they are and i have no excuse to not
get in shape.
so wish us all luck while we shoot to accomplish this goal!
on another note, i have to make some really big decisions within
the next couple days and i'm scared. but i also know that whatever decision i make,
Heavenly Father will be there by my side.
i've recently been enlightened by the fact that he will never leave me. ever.
this is something that is really amazing for me to discover.
i've never actually come to the realization of that.
in the last few months i've learned how to take control of my thoughts and feelings.
i've learned that knowledge is my defense against the adversary.
i've learned to take a second or even third look at situations and people before i
act.
i've also learned that a man wont complete me or make my life.
he'll just be the cherry on top when the time comes!
but until then, i need to make my life happen on my own. i need to surround myself
with people who will support me and love me.
i need to get an education and a career.
i need to make my spirituality and my testimony grow.
i need to serve the Lord and his people.
i need to improve myself and do whatever i can to improve the world i live in!
this song has really been on my mind lately and i would really love
to share it with you!
Prove Me- Hilary Weeks
Wavering faith
The kind of courage
And conviction that it takes
To leave your home behind
Part the Red Sea
I wonder
Did God plant that kind of strength in me
Just a seed now
But may be it will grow
-Chorus-
'Till prison walls
Crumble down around me
And I've escaped unscathed from the lion's den
When I have
Walked so far the handcarts start pushin' me
Until then
Prove me
Center on the wheel
Like clay in your hands
Ready to be shaped and molded by your hand
If you'll take this heart
willful as it seems
And through your mercy refine me until I'm complete
Though I'm weak now
You can make me strong
'Till on a wall
Arrows cannot harm me
Until my faith leads me into a grove of trees
When every
Nails in place before the reins
And floods come down
Until then
Prove me
I will step into the fires
Where your love can purify me
And I'll stay until you say I am through
Wash away all the falls and
Every earthly imperfection
Until my will turns to you
Until I trust
Without hesitation
When humility is chased away the pride
Until the day and through your grace I'm welcomed home
Until then
Prove me
The kind of courage
And conviction that it takes
To leave your home behind
Part the Red Sea
I wonder
Did God plant that kind of strength in me
Just a seed now
But may be it will grow
-Chorus-
'Till prison walls
Crumble down around me
And I've escaped unscathed from the lion's den
When I have
Walked so far the handcarts start pushin' me
Until then
Prove me
Center on the wheel
Like clay in your hands
Ready to be shaped and molded by your hand
If you'll take this heart
willful as it seems
And through your mercy refine me until I'm complete
Though I'm weak now
You can make me strong
'Till on a wall
Arrows cannot harm me
Until my faith leads me into a grove of trees
When every
Nails in place before the reins
And floods come down
Until then
Prove me
I will step into the fires
Where your love can purify me
And I'll stay until you say I am through
Wash away all the falls and
Every earthly imperfection
Until my will turns to you
Until I trust
Without hesitation
When humility is chased away the pride
Until the day and through your grace I'm welcomed home
Until then
Prove me
*HAPPY FALL*





2 comments:
You are doing great and I am proud of you. Keep it up. You will know what to do.
I love that song!! Can I get it from you? Love you! You are amazing!
Post a Comment