Saturday, January 10, 2009

Chicken Fried

This post is for all of you who say I'm "Thinking" too hard or that I'm "Worrying" too much about the simple things in life.... Or for any of you who just need a laugh.
Anyone heard of Deep thoughts by Jack Handy? Yeah he's pretty funny. Well these are some of my favorite quotes of his so enjoy!

“It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, an angel gets set on fire.”

"Too bad when I was a kid there wasn't a guy in our class that everybody called the "Cricket Boy", because I would have liked to stand up in class and tell everybody, "You can make fun of the Cricket Boy if you want to, but to me he's just like everybody else." Then everybody would leave the Cricket Boy alone, and I'd invite him over to spend the night at my house, but after about five minutes of that loud chirping I'd have to kick him out. Maybe later we could get up a petition to get the Cricket Family run out of town. Bye, Cricket Boy. "


"I think one way the cops could make money would be to hold a murder weapons sale. Many people could really use used ice picks. "


"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did.".

"I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then you could keep both Dracula AND Superman away. "

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

"I think a good novel would be where a bunch of men on a ship are looking for a whale. They look and look, but you know what? They never find him. And you know why they never find him? It doesn't say. The book leaves it up to you, the reader, to decide. Then, at the very end, there's a page you can lick and it tastes like Kool-Aid."

Ok... so most of these are just dumb thoughts but still, they gave me a laugh after a long hard week and hopefully thats what they did for you too!

Chicken Fried- Zac Brown Band

You know I like my Chicken Fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
I like to see the sunrise
See the love in my womans eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mothers love

Well I was raised up beneath the shade of a Georgia Pine
And that's home you know
Sweet tea, pecan pie and homemade wine
Where the peaches grow
And my house it's not much to talk about
But it's filled wiht love thats grown in southern ground
And a little bit of Chicken Fried

Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
Well I've seen the sunrise
See the love in my womans eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And a mothers love

And it's funny how it's the simple things in life, that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes
There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know
So if you agree have a drink with me
Raise your glasses for a toast
To a little bit of Chicken Fried

Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
Well I've seen the sunrise
See the love in my womans eyes
Fell the touch of a precious child
And a mothers love

I thank God for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly
Let it ring
Salute the ones who died
The ones that gave their lives
So we don't have to sacrifice
All the things we love
Like our Chicken Fried...

5 comments:

TJ and Whitnee said...

I thought they were funny! But I haven't had a long hard week, it may just be because I've been stuck inside my house ALL DAY!

Aubrey said...

WHITNEY!!! HAHAHA!!! I SOOO needed to laugh today. Dee and I just read these and I love them. :) Thank you for giving me a reason to smile. I love you!

Cory and Lacey Jo said...

It was great to see you too. You should DEFINITELY call me when you come down next, I'm always here!! We need to do lunch or even ice cream or something :)

DeeAura said...

P.S. I just re-read these this morning and work, and it made me laugh all over again. Thank you, Jack Handy, but really - thanks, WHIT. :)

Also...just so you know...
my word verification for this comment was: palin.

Take THAT how you will....hahah!

Emilee said...

I love that Jack Handy, what a good ol guy