Sunday, September 14, 2008

Leaving Town Alive

Yes, leaving town alive... that is what I'm trying to do right now.
I had the chance on Saturday afternoon to come home to Fairview.... I was debating on whether or not to do this because I knew I would just be coming back up to Provo the next day for church, at 1:10. (BTW, who the heck has church at 1:10?)
Anyway, looks like there was a reason I decided to actually come. You see... last week one of my co-workers got sick. She just has to come to work.... no matter what. Well, she works the drive-up window, which is where her computer is and when she is gone, it's easier for one of us to just use her computer and work the window instead of 3 of us having to turn from the lobby to watch the window constantly. Well she finally did end up calling in sick and it was my turn to take her computer. Big mistake.
Now, if you know me at work... or if you work with me and have ever noticed, I use the germ-x stuff like you wouldn't believe. After every person I help and a lot more than that. I did this, thinking it would suffice... well I was wrong. Thursday and Friday I felt a sore throat and stuffy nose coming on but I thought I wouldn't get it bad because it was taking a long time. By Saturday night I was a mess. I went to bed at 10:00 and to be at my parents house, going to bed at the time is early for me! I woke up about 7 times in the middle of the night to blow my nose, get more blankets and so on. By the time morning came and my alarm went off, I stood up and my head literally felt like it had been hit by a diesel truck. Standing was very challenging. I took some cold pills with orange juice and that felt like a cactus was sliding down my throat. I think all the stuffiness from my head that was draining to my stomach was making me want to throw up too. So I slept on a off until about 10. By this time I had already decided that I was staying home and not going up to Provo for church. I started reading a new book my dad bought for his library called "Eyes of a stranger" by Rachel Ann Nunes... I recommend it to all! Between blowing my nose, and plain just feeling awful, I finished the book around 1:30. Now what to do?
My stomach was growling so loudly that I'm sure the neighbors could've heard it, but I still didn't have an appetite. My mom got up to fix my dad dinner and proceeded to make me chicken noodle soup... awww the perks of being able to come home! I ate a little bit of that and went into my room to lay down. Not being able to sleep, I decided to turn on Singles Ward. I can't tell you how much funnier that movie is after actually being in a singles ward! Plus, it got me all wanting to find a "righteous dude" to spend forever with!
Afterwards, I closed my eyes and slept for about an hour which brought me to now. I'm at the stage where I don't want to go home to my new, trashy apartment to sleep on the floor just yet, but I don't want to wake up at the crack of dawn to drive to Provo to work. Decisions, decisions.... I'm thinking I'll milk it for as long as I can at home! Sound good to anyone else?
Oh yeah, if you're wondering about the "new, trashy apartment to sleep on the floor" comment, I also moved into a new place this week. I hate it. Bathroom= gross... kitchen= gross... bed= very uncomfortable and creaks every time I move, thus waking my roommate up. So yes, I wash myself out of the sink and only shower when I have to, I don't eat or really do anything in the kitchen and I sleep on the floor in the middle of our room. I guess with rent only $245 flat rate, what do ya expect? So coming home on the weekends may be a regular thing for me from now on.
Well looking at the bright side? One Tree Hill is a new episode tomorrow night... I bought a Macbook yesterday to which I got a free I pod touch (I promise, that didn't influence my decision... ok maybe just a little!)... a guy asked me for my phone number for his friend on Saturday at work and while the guy is kind of dense himself, his friend actually called me first instead of texting so that got him some brownie points with me :) And even though I hate the place I live, I really feel that there is a reason I should be there. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm going to meet someone. Not my future husband or anything like that, but someone is going to change my life. I'm kind of excited to see how that plays out! Oh and I've lost like 15 pounds!
I keep thinking about all of these things and a lot of times it out weighs the bad. One more thing... my sister is getting better! It has been a long road for her this past month but I think if this is the end of it, if she can finally be able to come home and be with her daughter and her husband, it would make all the difference in the world! Either way we love you Em and you are still in our prayers every day and night!
I'll let ya know how the Leaving Town Alive thing works out for me............

2 comments:

Syme Family said...

Hey Whit,
Sorry you were sick and that you hate your apartment. But that is a great deal on rent. I didn't know Emily was in the hospital again I hope she can come home to her family soon too. She has gone through so much.

Aubrey said...

You really are going to LOVE your Mac, Whit. They're so freaking awesome. :) GET BETTER! Stupid co-worker making ALL of us sick!