Wednesday, July 16, 2008

These are the best days...

Well the start of this week has been an interesting one... to say the least! I don't think I have had so much fun all summer! Sunday was a nice day. It was the kind of sunday where you sleep in, go to church, come home and get in your pj's and the rest of the night is yours! It was wonderful! Monday started out with work... nothing really exciting there happened. (Wow, are you guys interested in this story or what?!) Then that night... I went on a date with a really cute boy! Now, thats a good way to start the week! We went to the pizza factory, in which I haven't been to for like 2 years! There were no awkward pauses in the conversation as we waited for our food and then, my date gets this "deer in the headlights" look on his face. The reason? His grandparents were there! Yeah.... that would usually be an awkward situation, right? Well it was actually funny and kinda cute! His grandpa grabbed my hand and asked at what age I fell into the pretty pool (Ha ha) and his grandma was just tiny and sweet. They ended up sitting in the booth behind us, but didn't disturb us one bit so I kinda forgot they were there. And we ended up getting into a pretty intense conversation so it was easy to forget other things. It was kinda funny because when my date went to pay the bill, the waitress told him it had already been taken care of! His grandparents were sweet and surprisingly it wasn't weird for me.





We had plans to watch a movie later that night when Skyler got off work at 11, but until then we just had time to kill. So we ended up going back to my apartment and just talked about everything for about 2 or 21/2 hours. It was crazy! But really fun! Then Sky got home and we watched the movie "The Eye" with Jessica Alba. Kinda good, kinda confusing and not really scary! After the movie was over, we all ended up getting into another intense conversation that lasted until 3 A.M. when the boy realized what time it was and needed to get home.





After he left, Skyler and I went down into her room to go to sleep, but Sky wasn't tired and I was too giddy :) I laid down thinking if I just closed my eyes, I could calm down enough to fall asleep, but then I started getting hungry. Being too lazy to walk up the stairs to get food, I instead ended up just giving up on the sleeping thing. So we laid there and talked and then skyler pointed out by opening her blinds that the sun was coming up. Around 6:30 we decided to go to Maverick and get chocolate milk, my hunger had still not subsided. Running on no sleep and excited at the fact that we were, for once, up before all of Provo, we were a little bit crazy and camera happy... But sunrise... thats the best time to make memories, right? Well when we got home we turned on One Tree Hill and both of us ended up falling asleep until 11:00 when my mom text me.





So we got ready and met my family in Lehi to go swimming! Well... upon arrival we found out that the pool was just closing due to some little kid not being able to control his bowl movements yet... sad day:( We decided to come down to Provo to go to the swimming pool just down from the hospital. It was way fun!




My handsome nephews and my beautiful niece were there with their parents and also my mom. Skyler and I laid out for a while and then decided not to be boring anymore! We convinced my mom to watch the kids for a few minutes while all of the adults went on the big slides! They were a blast! Then we jumped into the pool for a little bit and laid out again to dry off while the sun was out. I was particularly excited for my body to see the sun for the first time all summer!




It was also great because my nieces and nephews just make my day everytime I am with them! If I could be with them everyday, I think I would die a happy girl!


So a very tired Skyler and I made our way to our apartment. After remembering we hadn't eaten since we got chocolate milk at 6:30 in the am, we decided to go get a jamba juice. We then went back to our place, showered and just hung out until my date from the night before came over to go to the movie with us. We went to "What happens in Vegas" and it is hilarious! I loved it and I don't think I've seen a movie that funny in a long time! I suggest people see it! By the time we got back home I crashed in bed....


It was fun to actually have a summer day to myself! No work, or school, or any obligations. And acting my age was fun too! I mean isn't this the time of our lives when we're supposed to stay up all night, go to the pool the next day and just be kids while we can? I mean people do say "These are the best days".....

"Best Days"

With everything I've ever done,id give it all to everyone for one more dayAnother night I'm waking throughAnther door I walk introI can't breakIt's a winding roadIt's a long way homeSo don't wait for someone to tell you it's too lateCuz these are the best daysThere's always something tomorrowSo I say let's make the best of tonightHere comes the rest of our livesI count the steps the distance toThe time when it was me and you is so far goneAnother face another friendAnother place another end but I'll hang onIt's a winding roadIt's a long way homeSo don't wait for someone to tell you it's too lateCuz these are the best daysThere's always something tomorrowSo I say let's make the best of tonightYeah let's make the best of tonightHere comes the rest of our livesIt's a winding roadIt's a long way homeSo don't wait for someone to tell you it's too lateCuz these are the best daysThere's always something tomorrowSo I say let's make the best of itSo don't wait cuz no-one can tell you it's too lateCuz these are the best daysThere's always something tomorrowSo I say let's make the best of tonightYeah let's make the best of tonightWe'll make the best of tonightHere comes the rest of our lives

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love the first picture with you and your friend. Her expression is funny.

Karole said...

Hey Whit,
How are you? You are such a cute girl. I hope everything is going ok for you! I miss your sis, and little Cambree so I am jealous of the pic you have with her. Anyways, just wanted to say hi! Keep in touch...much love