I'm in LOVE and I don't care who knows it!
It's true, I'm in love with... Michael Jackson!
Who knew? This whole time I've been led to believe he was "Wacko Jacko" as some media called him. However, this is NOT true.
It all started on June 25th, 2009. I too received various text messages throughout the day saying things like "Since Michael Jackson was made out of plastic, they're now going to melt him down into Lego's so kids can play with him for a change" and "Farrah Fawcett made on wish in Heaven. That all the children would be safe. So God took Michael Jackson" and other inappropriate things. Of course, with the state of mind I HAD, I chuckled just a little bit at these. My roommate Kourtney got really upset and appalled at this. She is a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. A couple days after, she convinced me to have a Michael Jackson dance party on our patio. As we danced to various songs of his and The Jackson 5, I felt something awaken in me! This music was amazing! I tried to play it off like I didn't really care for it but I was actually falling in love! Over this past week I have burned all of her Michael cd's onto my computer, read many stories about his life and watched his memorial service on t.v.
This man was amazing! Seriously! He is the only person to be inducted to the Rock'N'Roll Hall of Fame TWICE! He won 13 grammy's, had 13 number one hits AND sold over 750 MILLION records! Most people only DREAM of that kind of success! He broke down racial barriers, transformed the art of the music video and paved the way for modern pop music. He also inspired genre's such as R&B and Hip Hop.
Not only that, but he had amazing charity work. When he was 27, he co-wrote a song called "We Are the World" and brought celebrities together such as Billy Joel, Tina Turner and Willie Nelson, along with 36 others to help bring relief to a severe drought in Ethiopia at the time. The single sold over 7.5 million copies and won 4 grammy's. It raised over $63 Million in famine relief, saving many lives. He was a supporter of 39 charities and raised millions of dollars through his own charity, Heal The World.
Michael loved children. Not in the "I'm a psycho, sick, stalker, pedophile" way, but in a way where he just wanted children to be happy. Growing up he said many times how he didn't have a childhood, thanks to his father. He once said there was a park across from the recording studio and he would see kids playing and just start crying because he wanted to go play too but his father made him work. Of course it's this work ethic his father taught him that led to much of his success, but still. Michael just wanted to give kids the kind of childhood he never had which is why he built NeverLand. A place where kids could just go be themselves and not have to worry about the problems of the world like adults do. Yes, he was accused of doing wrong things with these children but the charges never matched up. The first boy was from this poor, no good family. Of course he just wanted money. How many people have claimed to have connections to celebrities, just to get money? Millions. And how sad is it, that the one thing Michael loved most in the world was tainted in that way? What if someone came to you and accused you of harming the love of your life? He must've been devastated. Which is why the excessive stress led to health problems.
Now, his image is a little questionable. Personally I thought he was good looking before all the surgery and stuff but lets clarify some things that most people don't know: The first surgery Michael had on his nose was because of an injury he got during a rehearsal. Personally I wish he hadn't have kept going and had it pinched so much but thats my own opinion. Also he did NOT color his skin white. He had a disease called Vitiligo. It's a chronic disorder that causes skin depigmentation. He wasn't trying to be weird or "different" by changing the color of his skin.
Now, I'm not saying everyone has to love him. But how can you not love someone who sang about healing the world, beating the violence and realizing that if we want to make a change, we have to start looking at the man or woman in the mirror. His moves and music changed the lives of millions. He influenced dance like no one else has. Say what you want about his character, secrecy, mystery and mischievousness, but in the world of entertainment... There will NEVER be another Michael Jackson!

6 comments:
okay that was the most well put thing i've ever read and it was like they were coming from my soul. i feel the same. you rock.
Way to go Whitney! Good blog post, you got it all right! I don't think he was a pedophile either. He had a very childlike mind, some psychiatrists say that he had the mind of a 10 year old boy. He just liked children because he was kind of one of them himself. The media cast him in a bad light so that's what everyone thinks about him, but if you do a bit of research you learn what a wonderful, caring guy he was. Also VERY talented.
I love Michaels music, always have, always will. But I do still find him a very weird strange man.
I will give mikey credit for the first half of his life... as a artist i will agree with the post that he was one of the best artists! But just cause he dies you cant ignore how crazy he was! The guy was not normal! I understand that he had a bad childhood but so do many others that turn out fine! I will say the music mike is amazing while his personal life he is still crazy!! Hate me if you want! :-)
Very well put. I have grown up with Michael music and pretty much know all the words to every song. I am so sad that he had to go at such a young age. I cried when I heard he died and during his funeral. It was a good funeral for him, just perfect. Thanks for the good blog on him. I really am tired of hearing all this negative crap about him. Thanks again. Love ya.
I love Michael Jackson's music! I still think he is strange though.
Post a Comment